- What information is being collected? We are a leading Northern European M&A adviser and the majority of the personal information relates to individuals in their professional capacity, which you directly or indirectly, may have chosen or choose to provide in your communications with us (including, but not limited to, handing out your business card, making a connection with one of our partners or staff on LinkedIn etc.) and/or in the course, and in connection with, our services. The personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, your company name, your e-mail address, job title, postal address, including your home address (where you have provided this to us) business address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number (not still in use in Germany is it?) and KYC documentation. We may occasionally use external lead generation organisations to provide us with the contact details of people who may be interested in our services. In connection therewith, we may come into possession of personal contact details, such as personal email address. In any event, we use such information only in connection with our normal business activities, i.e. providing our M&A advisory services. In the case that you have given consent to receive business updates, events invitations or newsletters from us, you will be added to our Corporate Newsletter send list. You may opt out at any time – see ‘9’ below
- Who is collecting and processing it? MCF is processing the information you may have chosen to provide us with. MCF does not collect or process personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Neither do our third-party partners collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services through your use of our website. We have never and never will sell your personal data to a third-party.
- Why is it being collected and how will it be used? We collect the information in connection with the pursuit of our legitimate business interests, under ongoing or prospective engagements, to inform you about the services provided by MCF, in order to keep in touch with you, send you relevant news, deal announcements, insights for your business and events invitations. Further, we will use the information and website statistics to optimize the design and content of our website to be more relevant and user friendly for you as a visitor. If you are our client or prospective client, or we are in any or another contractual relationship with you, we may rely on our right to process your personal information in connection with the performance of such existing or prospective contract. We will not contact you about other matters, unless you specifically request it, nor will we share, rent, or sell your personally identifiable information outside MCF, except where we are required to share your information with any third parties who provide services on our behalf. If you are interested in applying for a job at MCF and choose to submit resume information by email, we will use it only for the internal application review process. We will not voluntarily share, rent or sell it outside MCF, except where we are required to share your information with any third parties who provide services on our behalf.
- Retention periods: We collect and process personal information for the purpose of maintaining our business database and conducting our business. As such, we will only retain your personal data for as long as we believe it is up-to-date, i.e. as long as we are aware it is associated with a business that is included in our database. If we learn that you are no longer involved with a business that is in our database, we will remove your data from our records, or update it accordingly. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers and prospective customers (including contact data, identity data, financial data and transaction data) for up to ten years after they cease being customers, amongst others for tax purposes.
- Who will it be shared with? We will share the information you have chosen to provide us with our service providers, our website provider and agency. All of our service providers are EU-GDPR compliant. Further, any data may be shared between the MCF group companies in Europe. However, we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectable in transit by others, including contractors who provide services to us. However, it is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, for example, in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request, including the data protection agencies of the respective countries.
- What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned? MCF is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data. The changes in the data protection laws and the introduction of the EU-GDPR will not materially change the way that we use your personal information. We respect your personal information and never have and never will sell it to third parties.
- Data Erasure and “unsubscribe: You may, at any time, request that your data is edited or erased. Further, you may at any time inform us that you no longer wish to receive any communications from us, in particular newsletters, and unsubscribe by following the “unsubscribe link” in our e-mails or by contacting us otherwise. If you wish to do so, please write to “MCF Corporate Finance GmbH, Emporio Tower, Valentinskamp 70, D-20355 Hamburg, Germany”. If you have specific questions or concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Data Security: The privacy of your personal data is a high priority at MCF Corporate Finance and we will always act in accordance with the respective local and applicable international data protection laws. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. The personal information we process will only be used in pursuit of our legitimate business purpose and to provide you with the best possible service in accordance with industry standards. We are committed to security and employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information in the event of unauthorised access by third parties. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.