MCF Corporate Finance (MCF) proudly announces that it has entered a strategic partnership with D.A. Davidson & Co., a full-service U.S. investment bank, that will leverage the best-in-class capabilities of both firms to foster international growth within the M&A mid-market segment.
By partnering, both firms will strengthen their capacity and relationships for origination and execution of transatlantic cross-border mergers and acquisitions. The co-operation will be beneficial to all clients, particularly Private Equity sell-side investors and their portfolio companies looking for strong transatlantic deals expertise and coverage. The collaboration between the two entities is exclusive and will operate under the common brand of D.A. Davidson MCF International. D.A. Davidson and MCF Corporate Finance will continue to operate separately, working for clients as stand-alone firms in their respective markets.
Hans-Christoph Stadel, Managing Partner of MCF, said: “We are delighted to strengthen our relationship with the team of D.A. Davidson. With an over 80-year track record and a dedicated network in the mid–market segment D.A. Davidson offers our clients who are operating – or wanting to operate – across the Atlantic Ocean an excellent platform and sector coverage. D.A. Davidson also perfectly matches the ‘client first’ spirit that MCF stands for. We look forward to building on each partner’s knowledge and network to create a strategic advantage for our clients.”
Over the years, MCF has constantly enhanced its geographic footprint and developed expertise and a reputation especially for origination and execution of cross-border mergers and acquisitions. In 2003, our offices in Helsinki and London were opened, and in 2016 Keystone MCF was established through the merger with Keystone Advisers in Stockholm. By partnering with D.A. Davidson, MCF is taking the next step and shifting this from a pan-European to a transatlantic level, tapping new capacities and relationships for its clients.
About the partnership
In bringing together high-caliber professionals on both sides of the Atlantic to offer our clients a seamless transatlantic team with an outstanding track record in the middle market, clients will benefit from:
- An expanded international footprint through access to nearly 120 investment banking professionals in 13 offices across Europe and the U.S.
- Increased transatlantic M&A experience and expertise as both companies together have advised on more than 1,000 M&A cross-border transactions in Europe and/or across the Atlantic Ocean.
- Unparalleled corporate access thanks to strong and long-standing relationships with leading corporations, private equity firms, and portfolio companies.
- Enhanced industry coverage by combining MCF’s extensive experience within the capital goods, materials, energy and renewables, and business services markets with D.A. Davidson’s expertise across the consumer, diversified industrials, financial institutions, real estate and technology markets.
We look forward to discussing our expanded geographic footprint and transatlantic capabilities with you.
Examples of recent cross border transactions completed by D.A. Davidson and MCF:
- MCF advised the owners of Deutsche See Group, Germany’s leading provider of fish and seafood for the German retail and gastronomy sectors, on selling their shares to Dutch fishing and processing company Parlevliet & van der Plas Group.
- A. Davidson served as exclusive financial advisor to US-based software company RISA Technologies, Inc. in its sale to German Nemetschek Group.
- MCF advised a group of private shareholders in Pumpenfabrik Wangen, a leading German designer and manufacturer of high quality industrial pumps, on the disposal of their shares to Silverfleet Capital.
- MCF advised Finnish construction equipment manufacturer Konecranes on the divestment of its German subsidiary STAHL CraneSystems to US-based Columbus McKinnon. The enterprise value was approx. EUR 300 million.
About D.A. Davidson & Co.
D.A. Davidson & Co.’s investment banking division is a leading full-service investment bank that offers comprehensive financial advisory and capital markets expertise. The group has extensive transaction experience serving middle market clients worldwide across five industry verticals: consumer, diversified industrials, financial institutions, real estate and technology.
D.A. Davidson is the largest firm within D.A. Davidson Companies, an employee-owned financial services firm offering a range of financial services and advice to individuals, corporations, institutions and municipalities throughout the U.S. Founded in 1935 and headquartered in Montana, with corporate offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle, the company has more than 1,300 employees and offices in 26 states.